Formed in February 2009, Kim's Foundation of Hope is a charitable organization driven by a group of volunteer Australians dedicated to helping the poor, sick and impoverished people in rural areas of Southern Vietnam. The Foundation also supports other charities and charitable causes within both Vietnam and Australia, such as the Royal Children's Hospital.
Money raised by the Foundation is distributed towards many charitable causes, but it is predominantly applied to:
· Student Scholarships where children from poor families are able to continue their studies and not have to go to work to support their families. At present there are over 118 children who receive these scholarships. In many of these cases the students do not have parents and are cared for by their grandparents.
· The building of bridges, water wells and houses in remote villages where the occupants are very poor.
· The funding of eye cataract operations. This is a large logistical exercise as it at involves the transporting of many people form remote areas to eye clinics in Saigon City
· Sponsoring of life threatening operations and medical treatment.
· Distribution of aid to orphanages and refuges.